Monday, February 15, 2010

Post Star Editorial:" Use your rights...or lose them"


Nothing fancy about this editorial, simple and to the point. Right off the bat it lays out its intentions,"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." This sets up the author's points quite well: people need to take more action otherwise government will take advantage. Not only does he bring this fact to light, but does a heck of a job of teaching people how to fish, which I had not seen in an editorial, but then again I haven't been reading editorials for very long. The topic itself is damn controversial. As a poli sci minor I've seen some pretty heated debates about this. But despite all the passion I've seen people spew into the topic, they've all failed to lay it out like Mahoney did. I like how it reads too. Kinda like a reasonable scolding a wise grandpa would dish out to mischievous lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment