Friday, March 12, 2010

We are Tiny and Wealthy


Pondering through the produce section at Sun Mart it dawned on my how small and wealthy we are. I saw just about every kind of vegetable and fruit a man could ask for. Many of these goods come from distant lands. Then I thought, wow, this is just one section, at one store, in one town, in one county, in one state, in one country. All these riches, at our fingertips throughout the entire country. On a global scale, we have it pretty damn good. Then my mind pictured some jungle somewhere where some of this produce originated. The image in my mind sharply zoomed out from a birds eye view, I saw earth in outer space and then the concept of infinity struck me. On the grand scheme of things, Earth is just a flicker in our solar system, a pebble spinning madly around a ball of fire, in some galaxy. We are tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment