Monday, April 5, 2010

Cherry Pie

Among the many assignments I've considered to be pointless in my collegiate career, last night I wrapped one of them up. It was a five page book review. Usually, I only buy the books that I intend to keep, this book, despite being a Nobel Prize winner didn't have the qualifications I require to be put on my shelf for few months and eventually end up in a box somewhere underneath my bed. If I would have known I was actually expected to read the book front to back and write five pages on it, perhaps I would have convinced myself that the rather boring cover and title were worth 20 some odd bucks. But I didn't and with limited help from Google Books, sparse notes taken in class, and piles upon piles of BS, I strung together five pages. To anyone who hasn't read the book, my book review might appear to be as good as cherry pie, but my professor is a chef, a damn good one, and I just know he's read that book back to front and upside down plenty of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment