Monday, April 12, 2010

Response to Greer’s post “An Answer to True Love and Relationships”

Two points I agree with the most, knowing what you want becomes your expectations, and just do it with your partner, the compromising that is. Ha. Here is my rant on expectations though.

“Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.” Rather fatalist line dropped by C.S. Lewis, but I like it, mainly because I don’t know what the hell love is. But I imagine and am willing to admit that “true love” in a relationship would never reach its peaks of bliss if there wasn’t indeed that possibility for either of the hearts involved to be wrung. That little element of risk serves its purpose. However, wouldn’t the cause for a mangled heart in the first place be just that, expectations? Not necessarily unmet expectations, just expectations. I have expectations for myself and keeps me plenty busy, I can’t fathom holding expectations for another person, another mind driven by different experiences. Too much to suss out at my blooming two and 1/10 decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment